Graduate Internship - Equity Campaigns Team
We are looking for a bright, engaged and passionate graduate to join our fast paced and dynamic Equity Campaigns team for a 3 months' internship. We enable incredible businesses to get their ideas off the ground and grow. Come join us on the world's leading equity crowdfunding mission!
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and we have over 400,000 registered users and over 550 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
We are backed by Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
As an intern in our Equity Campaigns team, you will use your prioritisation and communication skills, and your attention to detail to help the team launch new equity crowdfunding campaigns on the Crowdcube platform. You'll be working closely with the other members of the Equity team as well as lawyers, compliance and marketing, and you'll learn how to verify pitches submitted by entrepreneurs and what checks are required to have a successful crowdfunding campaign. Day to day you could be involved in:
- Pitch verification from submission to launch
- Director Checks, AML's, CreditSafe reviews and general compliance reviews in the funnel
- Cornerstone investor checks
- Help with entrepreneur support through community support channels, other systems, etc...
What we are looking for:
You’ll be able to demonstrate a logical approach to working and great communication skills. You are detail oriented and organised so your work is accurate but this doesn't slow you down. You tackle any new challenge with heaps of energy, you come up with new ideas and are comfortable asking questions. Don't worry if this doesn't all make sense right now, you will get plenty of training.
Ideally you will:
- Have a 2:1 in Business, Economics or equivalent in another relevant discipline
- Have demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
And demonstrate the following:
- A desire to learn, a creative mindset, willing to test and try new things.
- Being a good team player who is positive and biased to action.
- Great communication skills; a good listener with the ability to persuade and show empathy.
- A real interest in crowdfunding, alternative finance or entrepreneurialism is a bonus!
What we are offering:
This is a great opportunity to learn all about crowdfunding and what makes a successful campaign but you'll also learn a lot from the different teams you'll get to interact with, picking up skills in marketing, finance and compliance for instance. We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills.As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, support participation in hackathons, attending conferences and training because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way.
We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- £22,500 starting salary pro-rata'd
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and of course office beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
- This is an initial 3 months' internship which could become a permanent position.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.