Senior Front-End Engineer - London
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and we have over 400,000 registered users and over 550 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
We are backed by Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
To help us continue our growth and our expansion into new markets, we need to enable our team to build and deliver quickly and safely on our ambitious plans. This is more than just a coding role. You will be part of a team who sets out what we build and how. You will be influencing discussions around architecture and will play a key part in conversations about the evolution of the platform.
You will be joining an agile team based across three sites that ships regularly. Our engineers work in small product focused teams where collaboration is key.
We hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions that determine what is being built and how. We want to build things simply and quickly, it's not about over engineering it!
You will mainly be working in React, but our existing platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL. Client side we also use Angular, Vanilla.js. We're advocates of using the right tools for the right job!
What we are looking for:
Some of the things it would be nice to see:
- Gulp, Webpack or other build tools.
- Deep knowledge of CI and automation testing
- Knowledge of Git version control.
- Cross browser and device development and testing.
- An understanding and empathy for accessibility.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, support participation in hackathons, attending conferences and training because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and of course office beers (Or cider) and WeWork discounts
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.