Full-Stack Engineer - Node&React
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and we have over 350,000 registered users and over 500 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Wool and the Gang and many more.
We are backed by Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
To help us continue our growth and our expansion into new markets, we need to enable our team to build and deliver quickly and safely on our ambitious plans. To do so, we are setting up a greenfield project, so this is a huge opportunity for someone to be involved from the word go.
This is more than just a coding role. You will be part of a team who sets out what we build and how. You will be influencing discussions around architecture and will play a key part in conversations about the evolution of the current platform to a react server rendered application.
Initially you will spend most of your time dedicated to the setup of the platform and the initial migration of components and sections of the site. This will include some testing and pattern library migration. As the project evolves, the focus will shift more to the migration and development of components, testing, architectural maintenance and improvements.
You will be joining an agile team based across three sites that ships regularly. Our engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key.
We hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions that determine what is being built and how. We want to build things simply and quickly, so don’t over-engineer it!
What we are looking for:
Some of the things it would be nice to see:
- React + Redux
- React server rendering experience
- React components testing
- Open source experience
- Gulp/webpack/grunt/babel or other FE build tools
As a person you are:
- Curious and inquisitive with a desire to learn, develop new skills and work outside your comfort zone.
- A strong communicator, who listens and shows empathy, with an ability to easily gain trust and influence others.
- A problem solver, you identify the information needed to clarify a situation, you use a systematic approach to come up with a new, unique and logical solution.
- Are proactive, full of energy for a new challenge and can be counted on to get the job done
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, support participation in hackathons, attending conferences and training because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- 55K - 65K DOE
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course office pizzas and beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.