We are hiring a PHP Developer with experience of API design to join our highly skilled engineering team. We enable incredible businesses to get their ideas off the ground and grow. Come join us on the world's leading equity crowdfunding mission!
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and we have over 400,000 registered users and over 550 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
We are backed by Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
To help us continue our growth and our expansion into new markets, we need to enable our team to build and deliver quickly and safely on our ambitious plans. This is more than just a coding role. You will be part of a team who sets out what we build and how. You will be influencing discussions around architecture and will play a key part in conversations about the evolution of the platform.
Day to day, you will:
- Develop our API to serve the needs of our client services for both the web and mobile.
- Evolve our backend tooling and frameworks to increase development performance and the stability of our systems.
- Identify flaws in our systems, and work with the team to remedy them, and write tests to ensure that they don't re-appear.
- Work with the DevOps team to build and approve new CI pipelines that support our testing and code quality strategy.
You will be joining an agile team based across three sites that ships regularly. Our engineers work in small product focused teams where collaboration is key.
We hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions that determine what is being built and how. We want to build things simply and quickly, it's not about over-engineering it!
You will mainly be working in PHP, our existing platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL and some Golang. Client side we've used Angular, Vanilla.js and are currently focusing on React. We're advocates of using the right tools for the right job!
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding of API design, including OAuth, permissions using scopes, includes, and transformations.
- Code design that is extensible, and able to adapt to the future needs of the business.
- A strong grasp on developing asynchronous systems using queuing software.
- Write clean, well-tested code, and take responsibility for your work all the way to release.
- Experience in building solutions using the Laravel framework for PHP and MySQL databases
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, support participation in hackathons, attending conferences and training because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- circa 40K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and of course office beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.