Lead Front-End Engineer
We are hiring a Lead Front-End Engineer with exceptional technical skills and experience of leading a team of engineers to deliver high quality, robust software solutions for all of our users.
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s leading venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses through our platform. We have over 300,000 registered users and over 400 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform since 2011. And we are backed by leading investors Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What we are doing:
We've got a number of projects in the pipeline and we need someone who has tried and tested the latest technologies and tools and can lead the way and make key decisions about the ones we should be using and why. It's the opportunity to have a lasting impact on our platform and a positive impact on the team and the wider engineering department.
Our engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key. We hire for good judgement and trust you to lead discussions and make the decisions that determine what is being built and how. We want to build things simply and quickly, so don’t over-engineer it!
Ideally you will:
-Have extensive experience of delivering extremely high quality software solutions and will contribute to multiple technologies and product lines across the company.
-You will be actively involved in architecture and process improvements and will be expected to propose well thought out, viable options for ongoing advancements of the platform.
- Have a deep understanding of the impact that decisions and choices in direction have on other teams in engineering is crucial.
- You will also be responsible for influencing and mentoring a team of engineers as well as encouraging them to pursue opportunities for personal development.
Tools and stack:
- Development and use of JSON and Restful APIs.
- Gulp, Webpack or other build tools.
- Basic knowledge of Git version control.
- Cross browser and device development and testing.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance with dedicated study time, as well as actively support participation in hackathons and conferences. We believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- We provide our engineers with their choice of am engineer-spec Mac/Windows/Linux laptop.
- Competitive salary
- We also offer 25 days holiday each year.
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course office pizzas and beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.