Front End Engineer
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s leading venture capitalists and professional investors in startup, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses through our platform. Over 400 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform to date and we have over 300,000 registered users. And we are backed by leading investors Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
Our engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key. We hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions and be involved in the decisions that determine what is being built and how. We want to build things simply and quickly, so don’t over-engineer it! You will have full responsibility for your own work, and on a day to day basis this could involve architecture, testing and code reviews as well as brainstorming new features, fixing bugs and troubleshooting problems with the rest of the team.
Our existing platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL and we run Ruby, Python and Golang for solving specific problems for instance. Client side we've used Angular and have tested React but don't currently use it in production but we are advocates of using the right tools for the right job.
What we'd like to see from you:
- An understanding W3C web standards, accessibility, progressive enhancement.
- Experience of working with JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Experience of front-end build tools such as Gulp, Grunt or Webpack.
- Experience of working with pattern libraries and creating components for re-use
- Basic knowledge of Git version control.
- Experience of cross browser and device development and testing.
- Experience of automated testing
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy.
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- The ability to look at the bigger picture and remain focused
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance with dedicated study time, as well as actively support participation in hackathons and conferences. We believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- We provide our engineers with their choice of am engineer-spec Mac/Windows/Linux laptop.
- Competitive salary
- We also offer 25 days holiday each year.
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course desk beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.