We are looking for a pro-active and resourceful Legal Assistant to join our team . This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development of a new internal function and process that will support our ever growing community of entrepreneurs.
Who we are :
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s leading venture capitalists and professional investors in startup, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses through our platform. We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and 2015 was the best year yet! Over 400 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform to date. And we are backed by leading investors Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What you will be doing:
Reporting into our General Counsel, you will be responsible for managing and filing SEIS and EIS returns required by companies raising funding on Crowdcube. This is a brand new position which will involve moving an outsourced function in house. This will include building relationships with entrepreneurs and our 3rd party supplier, liaising with HMRC and answering queries, providing updates to investors and working closely with our Completions team to ensure the process is smooth and efficient.
The role will be varied and you will be:
- Responsible for creating a process to efficiently manage SEIS and EIS filings and ongoing management of that process.
- Working with the investment, completions and legal teams to complete fund raising rounds on Crowdcube as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Providing customer service and support to Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Preparing reports and delivering regular updates on the status of work.
- Take ownership of some of the key client relationships.
Ideally you will have:
- A high attention to detail, be extremely organised with the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage your own time.
- Prior experience of working in a financial services or regulated environment is highly desirable but not essential.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite and/or Google Apps.
- Knowledge or awareness of SEIS and EIS tax schemes (desirable).
And you will be:
- An organised and curious self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is able to tackle a problem in a logical manner.
- Able to work with people of all levels within a business and communicate in an effective and professional manner in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation.
- Able to demonstrate that you can get things done, that you are adaptable to change, that you can work in a fast-paced environment, and that you question the status-quo.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, as well as actively support participation in hackathons, attending conferences and training because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course desk beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.